Sunday, November 19, 2006

I Ran Into an Old Classmate a Couple Days Ago

It reminded me of a funny story. We were in eighth grade science class learning the difference between organic and inorganic... the concepts in general. Someone whispered a question to a friend.

"No, the sun's not organic."

(a couple students snicker)

"Right, but... what is the sun made of?"

(someone says plasma, but no one knows what plasma is)

"The sun is made of superheated gasses—mostly hydrogen and helium," our teacher says.

"Oh," says my classmate in a flash of inspiration, "is that why the sun goes down at night, because it runs out of helium?"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

^^ get a life. or a blog.

Anonymous said...

nobody thinks you're clever.

Anonymous said...

"A little bit of spelling's great, especially when you've got nothing else going for you."

Two Guns said...

I wonder if Tramaine likes abalone in jade sauce.

Two Guns said...

Oh wait, no one will get that but me.

Two Guns said...

Tramaine wouldn't even get it. She'd just be really offended.

Two Guns said...

p.s. My dad said he wasn't sure that he knew how to spell "abalone." So... that narrows it down.

Two Guns said...

Well, it's getting late... I should probably go.

Two Guns said...

Something about that last sentence strikes me as New Age.