Thursday, September 30, 2010

Goodnight. Sleep Tight. Etc.

Before I dive into the topic at hand, it probably isn't necessary to address why I took a one-year hiatus from blogging.

So I'm writing this post from bed, if you must know, and I'm going into this night's sleep with a high level of confidence that nothing is going to bite me or suck my blood between now and morning, or at least that if anything does, it will be by chance, not on schedule.

A few days ago Garret and I were discussing this or that video game when there was a lull in the conversation, a lull I broke with the question, "hey, have you been getting bit lately, like an unusual amount?"

Garret looked at me like we'd been watching Marmaduke for twenty minutes and I'd asked if he'd ever thought about setting himself on fire with Sterno gel and a brulee torch.

"Yes," he said. "Yes I have."

And he didn't stop there. In a shameless display of contempt for my ability to fall asleep, he submitted two ready theories: fleas or bed bugs.

You d-bag, I thought.

I'm too tired to elaborate now on why I think both theories are bunk. Suffice to say, I think a spider nest hatched inside the couch and we're being slowly digested each night as we watch House.

But that's down there and I'm up here, so goodnight.

7 comments:

The Kid In The Front Row said...

welcome back.

AravisisWriting said...

I'm glad you're back. Good luck with the, uh, spider nest, eh?

Two Guns said...

Hurray for instant gratification! Thanks fellas.

Kenny said...

This reminds me of another place you once lived. With spiders. Which I killed.

Glad to see you writing again. Keep it up.

Two Guns said...

Freaking huge spiders. And fleas. And I'm surprised we didn't have bed bugs, considering the free couch from Craigslist situation. I'm pretty sure the only thing keeping that apartment from being a meth house was the absence of meth and the abundance of food, none of it mine.

Christina A. said...

I don't feel this will help your insomnia any, but:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130082741

apparently, bedbug infestation is no laughing matter.

also, I'm glad you're writing & stuff. don't lose too much blood, please.

Two Guns said...

Thanks for making me itchy.