Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Trailer For My Next Blog Post About My New Job

John continued to explain the filter count change sheet.

"And here you'll circle N or A for whether it's actual or nominal."

I stared at the paper, and then at John. He continued.

"It's almost always going to be nominal. I don't think I've ever had to order a frame that was actually, you know, 20x25 or 16x20."

"I don't, know what you're talking about," I said. "What's nominal."

"Nominal? You know, 'nominal,' like with a 2x4?"

I stared at John, and then at the paper. He stared at me.

"I, um...," he said. "I don't know how to explain it in 'geek.'"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funnier if he said, "You're fired."

Two Guns said...

Yeah... life sure could be funnier sometimes.

Laverne said...

I recommend you take a dump on the hood of the van and say, "How about that, John? Is that nominal enough for ya?!?!?"

Anonymous said...

what the h?