Monday, April 07, 2008

Something that Happened in March, a Four-Part Series Concluded in Five Parts, with an Editor's Note and a Title, which Itself will Conclude Presently

Editor's Note: The following conversation is presented unabridged and unedited with the exception of the contact information of both parties, in accordance with the arbitrary privacy policy of This Guy. We hope the fact that neither party managed to spell koi correctly any more than 17 percent of the time will not distract you from the heart of the conversation. We also hope you will notice that the owner of the pond was the first to misspell koi, and that I'm spelling koi correctly now, so I obviously know how to spell koi.


Part 1: sacramento craigslist > labor gigs
I need leaves and branches cleaned out my pond
Reply to: [email address removed]
Date: 2008-03-14, 3:44PM PDT

Must have own tools for the job, I have a koy pond that is 10 by 20 give or take a few, just moved in and need to have it cleaned out this weekend sometime. email me your bid and I'll contact the best bid. I have more work available as well but want to start with this job for now

Location: Auburn
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: best bid

PostingID: 606487099


Part 2: Subject: craigslist, cleaning koy pond
Sent:Fri 3/14/2008 11:10 PM

Hi,

That sounds like something I would do for $40-$50. If that seems ridiculously high, maybe I'm just not picturing it correctly, but I'm picturing a lot of mud and algae. I'm probably willing to do the work for whatever you think is reasonable.

What tools do you think would be needed? A pool net and a small rake, plus some trash bags? Would I be able to wear shorts and wade in the pond. or is the process somehow more involved than that?

Anyway, if it's a job that's possible to do with the tools I have, I know I will do it well.

You can call me at home or on my cell. I live in Auburn too. I can do the work anytime Saturday or Sunday.

[contact information removed]


Part 3: Subject: Re: craigslist, cleaning koy pond
Sent: Sat 3/15/2008 12:13 PM
Attachments: koi pond.jpg(151KB)

about 10 x 20




Part 4: Subject: Re: Re: craigslist, cleaning koy pond
Sent Sat 3/15/2008 12:53 PM

Huh... that came across a little rude. Let me know if you want to communicate in complete sentences, and we can talk about your koy pond.


Part 5: Conclusion
response: none
condition of koi pond: unknown

6 comments:

Cate said...

Ha. Oh, Drew.

Saint K said...

Previous comment to be read one of the following ways:

1.) Ha (this story was funny). Oh (wait), Drew (wrote it, so it is not funny).

2.) Ha (not "Haha" because this post only made me pretend to laugh to myself). Oh, Drew (you wasted my time again).

3.) (T)Ha(t recap of your attempt to get work via Craigslist was) Oh(-so ridiculous and the amount of time it took me to read it did not pay off in the end and as a matter of fact),(it) Drew (me away from other very important things that I should have been doing).

Two Guns said...

Magnificent interpretations, all. I just LOL'd (laugh out louded).

Anonymous said...

Word

Anonymous said...

Maybe he thought your English was too good to be doing that kind of work.

Two Guns said...

That's hilarious, yet somehow awful.