Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Bear By Any Other Name Would Not Smell As Sweet

You really shouldn't spend a lot of time reading this stuff out loud, the world is full of enough noise already; however, I feel that it is important for you to read the following two words out loud: Paddington Bear.

Seriously, if you are still reading this and you have not said "Paddington Bear," stop reading and just say it. You have to say it out loud. Thinking it and chuckling to yourself doesn't count. Actually, say it again. Paddington Bear.

I recently discovered that I have spent the better part of my life completely smitten by Paddington Bear, and I have decided to be proactive about it and write him a sonnet.

I can't decide on Petrarchan or Shakespearean.

More to come. And by "more to come," I mean, "a sonnet about Paddington Bear is to come."

2 comments:

Saint K said...

Petrarchan. Or Shakespearean. He probably invented the word 'bear' anyways. I hate that languages are so damn arbitrary. Let's burn up all of Shakespeare's work and hope that something like "Out of the Silent Planet" is formed from the smolten ashes. Asses.

Do you remember when I said...

Hey, bud. Paddy B says "hallo" as do I.