Sunday, May 28, 2006

Nabisco Has Gone Too Far

I find the Nilla wafers packaging to be highly unsettling.

Nilla wafers are as calm a snack product as there will ever be, but there is way too much action on the cover of the box. Namely, one of the wafers is plunging—with no apparent source of propulsion—into a short, though probably refreshing, glass of milk. I don't like it. There is no way this wafer could possibly have propelled itself into the milk without a prime mover. No form of wafer, Nilla being no exception, has any sort of locomotive ability aside from the aptitude to roll down an incline or fall from a precariously balanced position, i.e. edge of a precipice. This wafer was obviously thrown.

What kind of sick individual would throw a Nilla wafer, I do not know. But I would add that it was hardly necessary to immortalize the event by plastering such an offense on every box of Nilla wafers currently in print.

My many faithful and highly irregular readers can testify that I have never been one to call out my corporate sponsors in such a widely read forum as my very own blog, but Nabisco, you've got some explaining to do. My Nilla wafers will be no part of your high-flying acrobatic spectacle or your Hollywood blockbuster stunt. No sir, my Nilla wafers will be arranged on a separate plate, and I will enjoy them with a glass of milk, and that milk will not be poured so close to the top that I have to sip a little before picking it up, because my Nilla wafers will be wafers of comfort, and my Nilla wafers will be wafers of peace. You can keep your "simple goodness," Nabisco, but you best set my Nilla wafers down, on a paper towel, with half a sliced banana. And you most certainly will not disturb me from my nap after I have cleaned up my mess and wiped off my placemat. And with that, good day to you, Nabisco.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

ewwwwwwwww...bananas.

Saint K said...

Who you callin' irregular?

Anonymous said...

Do bananas make you regular?

In other news, I miss you, TG. This post just rubbed it in. :)

Jennifer said...

or eat fried chicken. pick your poisin.

Saint K said...

pick your nose. how 'bout that, jennifer! haha, i kill me. (lame and predictable jokes about me actually killing myself not welcome.)

Two Guns said...

Capital letters for proper names and the beginnings of sentences welcome.

Saint K said...

sHUT uP, jErK. (now i just feel asian. oh excuse me, aS1@n.)

Anonymous said...

You tell'em, two guns! Nobody should have to put up with that.